Solidarity Initiatives- applications open
For the full version and the application click here.
What is a Solidarity Initiative?
Solidarity Initiatives are projects identified and implemented jointly by Lebanese community members and Syrian and other refugees to address protection issues of common concern.
UNHCR and partners support teams to submit joint project proposals that require funding upt to USD 2,000 and that contribute to supporting their communities.
Projects will be designed and implemented by communities themselves with the support of UNHCR and partners.
Who can apply?
Lebanese community members and refugees of all nationalities living in Lebanon can apply.
Please note that only groups can apply for solidarity initiative grants. Each group submitting an application must be a joint team that includes Lebanese community members and refugees, male and females.
An application from a single individual will not be considered.
Only one project proposal may be submitted per team.
The following criteria will guide the selection of projects to be supported:
- At least 50 individuals from the refugee and host communities must benefit from the project;
- The project should preferably use public spaces, such as MOSA Social Development Centers, public schools and universities, primary health centers, andleverage local networks and a variety of skills and resources that already exist in the community;
- The project should describe the activities that will be implemented, and provide a rough budget;
- The project should be implemented within three months from the date of the approval; and,
- The project proposal should describe the intended impact on the community.
When to apply?
Your team can submit an application at any time from May 2016 until December 2017.
How much funds are provided?
If your application is approved, you will have a maximum of 2,000 USD to implement the project.
You can find out about the different funding categories in the Application Form.
Where can I find the Application Form?
The Application Form is available at UNHCR reception centers and community centers in Lebanon.
You can also find it online here.
Alternatively, you can request the form by sending an email to the contacts below specifying in the subject ‘Solidarity Initiative Application Form and the location in Lebanon’.
Please read carefully the Application Form and submit it by email per your location:
- Beirut/Mount Lebanon:
- Bekaa: email@example.com
- North: firstname.lastname@example.org
- South: email@example.com
What will happen after applications are submitted to UNHCR?
Once we receive your application, you will be contacted within two weeks by phone. If your application is approved, your team will be asked to implement it within three months.
UNHCR and partners will support you throughout the process.
For more information you can call any of the following numbers:
-71911496 (Monday to Friday 8:30am to 4:30pm)
-01-849201 (Monday-Friday 8:30am-4pm)
-Protection: 76-611811 (Monday-Friday 8am-4pm)
-76-500370 (Monday-Friday 8:30am-4pm)